Silkygirl Go Matte Lipcolor Range Review

1:05 AM


Silkygirl recently came out with a new lipstick range called Go Matte Lipcolor.
I wanted to try them out because I love matte shades.


There are six shades in the range, but I only picked up three. 
01 Nearly Nude
02 Wild Pink
03 Siren Red
04 Mystic Rose
05 Sassy Orange
06 Exotic Wine

I did swatch all of them on my hand. 
01 Nearly Nude is a brownish nude shade (Probably best for a natural look) 
02 Wild Pink is a bright fuschia pink (suitable for days when you want a pop of color on your lips) 
03 Siren Red is a deep red shade that's really striking (best for people who love bright red lips) 
04 Mystic Rose is a warm rosy pink shade (perfect for stunning pink lips) 
05 Sassy Orange is a pigmented bright orange shade (if you like Korean makeup, it's great for you) 06 Exotic Wine is a dark pinkish-purplish berry shade (which looks really classy)

In the tubes.


I'm wearing 04 Mystic Rose in this photo.

Also Mystic Rose (in 2016) with lipbalm underneath.

Recently bought one in 01 Nearly Nude and it's become my everyday lip color!



Review:

Packaging: The lipstick tubes are slightly flimsy, and I'm sure the writing on it will wear off eventually. I like the design of this range better than the previous ones, I think it looks classier (black + white). The name of shade and color of lipstick shown is accurate.

Price: Retail price is RM 21.90 which seems like a reasonable price to me. (I got them on sale at RM 18.80 at Watsons. Added bonus.) 

Shade Range: I like the fact that there's only 6 shades (which are vastly different) that accommodates everyone's needs (Nude, red, light pink, neon pink, orange, dark purple) It's also less confusing trying to pick out a shade I like out of 6, than say 15.

Texture: It glides on smoothly and I couldn't really feel it on my lips once I applied it. It does slightly dry out the lips like any other matte lipstick, so I suggest applying a lipbalm about 10 minutes before putting this on.

Scent: Pretty scentless and unnoticeable.

Pigmentation: Surprisingly pigmented. The color of the lipstick isn't lighter or darker than it looks. It's exactly the same. (Or at least about 70%) Be careful when applying it, it stains.

Would I repurchase? Yes, when I finish it.

Where to buy: Watsons, Aeon Wellness Center, Guardian, Sasa and most pharmacies /drugstores.

Suggestion: If you have a hard time applying this because your lips are dry, try using lipbalm before applying it once. Then lightly blot it with tissue paper and apply it again. It goes on so much more smoothly.

Final verdict: 
This is a great option for affordable matte lipsticks that are of decent quality and great pigmentation! :) I rate this 4.7 out of 5 stars.

Till next time!


Disclaimer: Not a sponsored post, all products were purchased with my own money. This review is solely based on my personal opinion.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hey there,

    Cool post! Just wanna ask, if you think that any of these shades might be a dupe to high end lipsticks? An awesome blog you have by the way.

    Love,
    Khalisah
    thescribblesofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love makeup this looks so good. your so pretty omf. I found you on teen blogger central and Im so happy I did I have mean looking for a good blog all day. I am going to go stalk your other posts now. If you keep doing what your doing you will go so far and be successful.

    ReplyDelete

Press

This Is Me

This Is Me