Review: Kelly Lee Jewelry's Nasi Lemak Series

8:49 AM

Hey there!

I've been exploring Malaysian Instashops since I started following sellers that I met at events like Artbox and Urbanscapes. I found the nasi lemak series from Kelly Lee of Leeks Art Design through some sponsored Instagram stories and couldn't resist buying a few pairs.


This collection was released in Nov-Dec 2018 and it's not available anymore but she has a new "Crazy Breakfast" collection out now until 10 March!

IT LOOKS SO REALISTIC.

I came across a couple of shops who are also selling nasi lemak inspired accessories but Kelly's design has been the most realistic and detailed one I found so far.
How it looks like when worn.

(Excuse how my piercings look, they're still healing and irritated because I accidentally slept on my side)
The other side.


The packaging it came in plus a note.

The three pieces I bought!
The rectangular version.
The round version.
I asked her to add the sambal on top because I liked the look of it.
I like how detailed the egg, chicken, ikan bilis, peanuts, cucumbers and keropok are.
Side view
 
(From Kelly Lee's Instagram) 

She was also selling a keychain version of the nasi lemak.


Plus a chicken rice version 😍
 From a previous but also nasi lemak themed collection.


Her other designs. 

One pair costs RM 70, and I paid RM 7 for shipping. It's about the same as the prices from other handmade polymer craft jewelry stores, and I personally feel like it's worth it since Kelly's designs are far more detailed and realistic looking. 

Since it's handmade and preorder, I waited about 2ish weeks to receive them. Kelly did inform me beforehand though, and she was very friendly and quick when it came to replying to my inquiries. 

One thing I noticed was the size inconsistency of the rice and banana leaf. Tbh I don't mind because I like that it looks more handmade, but it's something to take note of if it bothers you. 

Also I don't know if it's just me, but most dangly earrings (including this one) tend to slip out of my ears so just to be safe, use the rubber backings that come with the earrings.

This series is no longer available, but she might bring it back in the future, or maybe she might accept requests for it. She is selling other Malaysian food themed collections and I think she'd probably come up with more, given how popular her food series are. 

So far my friends and I have gotten a lot of positive comments and shocked reactions on the nasi lemak earrings when we wear them 😂 



Pros:
- Protective packaging. 
- Unique well thought out design.
- Handmade items that is exactly as shown on Instagram.
- Communicative, friendly seller.
- Can request customization.

Cons:
- Kinda expensive 
- Size inconsistency


Kelly Lee's Social Media Pages:
Instagram
Personal Facebook
Lee K S Facebook

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your Content is amazing and I am glad to read them. Thanks for sharing the Blog.this blog is very helpful information for every one.
    fruit shape cutter

    ReplyDelete