Review: 18 Celebration Jewelry

5:42 AM

Hey there!

I've been trying to build up a collection of higher quality jewelry (made from gold-plated or pure gold) to replace the necklaces I have that are made from materials like steel/brass/copper that tend to tarnish quickly. 

I found out about 18 Celebration when I interviewed some of the founders for an assignment (they were really nice and cool about me taking up their time when they were working <3). I was (and am) very grateful for that, and decided that I would purchase something to support their business one day. I would have bought something that day but I had to interview more people so I didn't really shop :(

Followed them on social media afterwards, and then made my first purchase when I saw...
This Rose Twinkle choker.
I don't have any rose gold jewelry (because I don't have much tbh HAHA and most of my jewelry is silver) but I loved the design of the hearts and cubic zirconia on the choker.
The packaging is a white and yellow box with a ribbon around it + the brand name engraved on it.
This is what it looks like inside.

Anyways, the choker cost RM 125 plus a shipping fee of RM 5. They had just restocked a few pieces of this when I ordered so I ended up receiving it the day after I made my purchase. 

The chain length is 30-37 cm (adjustable), the choker has a sterling silver base with a rose gold plating and 18 Celebration claims that all their pieces are hypoallergenic so it's great for those with sensitive skin.

They sent me an email detailing how to care for it to prevent damaging it. Basically no chemicals or abrasive methods of cleaning it. Just soak it in 1/3 cup of liquid detergent and a cup of warm water for 10 minutes, then rinse under the tap and dry it with a soft cloth. 
 
The rose gold is gorgeoussss. The necklace is so shiny and I don't see any blemishes upon closer inspection either. I think it looks lovelier in real life than it does on the website.
What it looks like on me. 

I've had this since early January and it's one of my favorite necklaces which I wear fairly often. I think the design is similar to a lot of other chokers with dangling charms attached, however it still looks unique and sophisticated in its own way. It doesn't look cheap, and it feels more carefully crafted than the ones I've seen in stores like Lovisa. 

The only thing that I would suggest them to do is maybe have more sales (because damn is it pricey af) and bring in more pieces with intricate designs like this since most of the stuff they have is pretty minimalist which I like but it's nice to have more variety. 


Pros: 
  • Great customer service
  • Super fast shipping
  • Amazing high quality pieces

Cons: 
  • Expensive
  • Most pieces are very minimalist/simple


I don't regret my purchase, although it was expensive and I'm happy to support local independent jewelry companies. What 18 Celebration offers is equivalent to the likes of Poh Kong and Wah Chan in terms of quality, with pieces that can be worn every day without tarnishing (if they are properly taken care of).

Anyway, till next time!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. The cubic zirconia is less expensive and can fit in the budget of a wide range of the population out there, as fashion zirconia rings, zirconia necklaces, brass cubic zirconia bracelets , and other types of cubic zirconia jewelry continue to flood the jewelry market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very nice. We like it. I am a designer and I got to learn something from your blog. I would love to see our website featuring very nice jewelry. If you are interested, please visit our website. https://www.casadoro.com/

    pandora bracelets pittsburgh
    custom jewelry pittsburgh
    engagement rings pittsburgh
    custom engagement rings pittsburgh
    cranberry pa jewelers
    wedding bands pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete